The Vintners 5 Miler will feature both a 5 Mile Run and 1 Mile Wine Walk.
A unique trail run open to runners & walkers starting at the Sanford Winery Tasting Room parking lot, proceeding for 1.75 miles around the relatively flat lima bean field. Just before the 2-mile mark runners will head for the hills with 350 feet of elevation and be rewarded with one of the best views in the valley from the Rinconada and Sanford & Benedict Vineyards. The final 2 miles, as runners head back to the finish line adjacent to the Sanford Winery Tasting Room, is primarily downhill with some light rolling hills.
The 5 Mile course will be electronically timed in 2018 and is a Santa Barbara Athletic Association Grand Prix event.
1 Mile Wine Walk
Enjoy Sparkling Wine (must be 21+) and delicious goods from Renaud's Patisserie & Bistro during your leisurely stroll through the Sanford & Benedict vineyards! After the walk, settle down and enjoy the Finish Line Festival.
Water stations are provided in three locations for the 5 Miler and once for the 1 Mile Walk.
Both courses are open to all abilities with no-minimum finishing time requirements. Walkers are welcome. Courses subject to change.
We will have three locations on the 5 Mile course and one location on the 1 Mile course as follows:
- Station #1: Directly after the hill past the 2 Mile mark.
- Station #2: For the 5 Mile there will be an additional aid station at the historic barn at the top of the Rinconada and Sanford & Benedict Vineyards at the 3.25 mile mark. The views here are spectacular!
- Station #3: Approximately at the 4.25 mile mark for the 5 Miler and half way for the 1 Mile Wine Walk.
Prizes will be awarded in the following individually timed categories:
- Overall Male & Female Winners
- Silver & Bronze Medal Finishers, Male & Female
- Gold, Silver & Bronze for Male & Female age groups: 19 & under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-plus
- Athletes serving any type of suspension from their national governing bodies as well as national or international anti-doping agencies are ineligible for prizes.
Also, teams will have a chance at winning some great prizes from participating wineries and partners!
- Most participants
- Best average finishing time (minimum 5 on a team)
- Awesome wine-themed costume
* T-shirt guarantee deadline is Sunday, July 10
- 5 Mile Run / Walk + Festival = $75
- 1 Mile Walk + Festival = $75
- 5 Mile Run / Walk Only = $50
- 1 Mile Walk Only = $50
* No refunds are provided after Sunday, July 8. Refunds prior to July 8 will be assessed a $10 fee. Deferrals are available to the following year's event.